Solar Analytics has Australia’s largest high-quality dataset for distributed rooftop solar sites and is already using this to help inform partners driving the clean energy transition. We are looking for a Data Analyst interested in working with one of Australia’s most successful high growth renewable energy start-ups to accelerate this critical work shaping our future energy system.
In this role, you will:
- Produce insights from distributed solar production, energy consumption and network quality data generating internal and external value
- Present at industry forums and assist others with data for external communication
- Assist in the implementation and delivery of our third-party data product using AWS cloud computing services
- Assist the data analytics team in the development and delivery of innovative algorithms for performance diagnostics and personal energy insights
- Report to the Head of Data Analytics and Data Strategy
You will need a tertiary qualification in engineering, science or equivalent and:
- Be inspired, innovative and passionate about your work
- Demonstrate strengths in data management, preparation, analysis, presentation
- Be capable of gaining a good understanding of the business and industry context to help craft data solutions. Ideally you have knowledge or experience in the solar or energy industry
- Have one to three years’ experience in data analysis in either an academic or business setting (may include PhD studies, if relevant); Have experience with SQL and either Python or R or similar tools
- Enjoy working in a flexible and dynamic environment
Solar Analytics values team members with alternative sources of inspiration. If you wish, please include in your application the life skills you have developed in pursuits you are passionate about outside of work and study.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. However, we’ll let you in on a secret: there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Solar Analytics is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are suited to this role at Solar Analytics to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Monday 25th November
What we offer
The remuneration will be commensurate with your skills and experience. We also offer share options, bonus, 18 weeks full-pay parental leave (primary carer), professional development, career coaching, yoga classes and swimming access.
This is nominally a full time role, however we support flexible working arrangements, including partial work from home and flexible hours and would consider at least 3 days per week part-time.
About Solar Analytics
Solar Analytics is Australia’s leading solar performance monitoring and fault diagnosis software company. Founded in Australia in 2013 by a team of passionate, world leading solar experts, Solar Analytics has developed a cloud-based data and analytics platform for local energy production and consumption. Unlike standard monitoring, Solar Analytics analyses energy generation, local weather conditions and on-site energy consumption data to provide real-time insights and accurate alerts into PV system performance and energy use. Unique among solar monitoring providers, we maximize the value customers receive from their solar systems.
Our team of 30 staff in Australia now delivers solar monitoring and smart analytics to over 25,000 customers across Australia, NZ and the US.
Solar Analytics is committed to workplace diversity. Currently over one third of our staff are women, ethnic minorities and/or work part time, including in technical and senior management roles.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the fastest growing segment of the renewable energy industry, as we transition to a fully-integrated Solar Home Energy Management System platform.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are suited to this role at Solar Analytics to email@example.com.