We are seeking a Sales & Business Development professional to lead our expansion and growth in the US market. The candidate must have experience identifying and closing solar contracts with solar retailers or installers (B2B sales). This is a dynamic role where initiative and the ability to rapidly progress and close deals with the highest value will be rewarded with commissions and the opportunity to build your career in one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
This is a highly independent role where you will build sales with key solar installers and energy retailers across the country. This will include both private and public entities as partners, offering our service either directly for their benefit or through B2B2C promotion or resale. You will be responsible for identifying, developing, negotiating, closing and maintaining productive partnerships with these organizations in key solar states. Working with our marketing and demand gen team in Australia, you will have the opportunity to manage both inbound and outbound leads, attend trade shows and expand the market the way that you desire. Based on your ability to build a local business, we are committed to grow the team necessary to achieve these targets.
You will need to have completed a relevant tertiary qualification and satisfy the following:
- A love of the solar industry
- 5+ years of direct sales (field or inside) with a proven track record of exceeding quota
- At least 3 years of sales and business development experience prospecting and closing deals and managing customer relationships (legal background not required);
- Demonstrated success in achieving and surpassing sales quotas with a commitment to a great sales process
- Driven to win in business
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships with your colleagues at Solar Analytics
- Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision
- Prior experience and comfort within a fast-paced, high-growth startup company environment
- Previous experience in solar market
- ** Potential for this role to be VP Sales and Business Development for the right candidate. The ideal candidate is located in San Francisco but alternative locations would be considered for the right candidate
The role will include national travel, with the potential for international growth and travel. Local operations staff in San Francisco and our head office team located in Sydney, Australia will support you.
About Solar Analytics
Solar Analytics is Australia’s leading solar performance monitoring and fault diagnosis software company. Founded in Australia in 2013 by a team of passionate, world leading solar experts, Solar Analytics has developed a cloud-based data and analytics platform for local energy production and consumption. Unlike standard monitoring, Solar Analytics analyses energy generation, local weather conditions and on-site energy consumption data to provide real-time insights and accurate alerts into PV system performance and energy use. Unique among solar monitoring providers, we maximize the value customers receive from their solar systems.
Our team of 26 staff in Australia and 2 in the newly opened San Francisco office now delivers solar monitoring and smart analytics to over 12,000 customers across Australia, NZ and 4 states across the US. Backed by AGL - Australia’s largest energy retailer with the world’s largest fleet of residential solar power systems – Solar Analytics are on a rapid growth path to become the industry’s leading solar monitoring provider.
Solar Analytics is committed to workplace diversity. Currently over one third of our staff are women, ethnic minorities and/or work part time, including in technical and senior management roles.
The salary package will be commensurate with experience and will include bonus plus stock options.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the fastest growing segment of the renewable energy industry.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are suited to this role at Solar Analytics to firstname.lastname@example.org.