The Solar Analytics product is centred around a Solar Management Dashboard for the solar owner which makes sure their system is working at full capacity and that they are maximising the value they can receive from their solar system.
Our principal channel to system owners is through solar retailers, who include our product in their system designs to help them monitor and maintain their suite of sites and make sure they are offering a premium service to their customers.
This role will focus on understanding and prioritising the needs of our solar retailer channel to increase the value our product can offer to their business.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you will:
● Manage the retailer product lifecycle from initial market research to market release;
● Work cross-functionally with our UX, marketing, sales and research to develop solutions, build business cases and ensure alignment on feature development and prioritization;
● Write detailed user stories, create workflow documents;
● Define, track, and interpret key metrics to measure overall product and customer success;
● Work closely with product marketing and sales to develop positioning and messaging to ensure differentiation from competitors;
● Maintain ongoing relationships with our solar retailer partners to ensure they understand, value and feel equipped to sell our product to their customers;
● Keep up to date with technical trends in the industry and in general.
● At least 3-5+ years of product management or product marketing experience is essential, preferably in a technology startup or new product development environment.
● A Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Design or related fields.
● Marketing and collateral development, including specification and technical writing with proven track record of successfully launching new products.
● Experience bringing together varied stakeholders and keeping them engaged and informed as you take them along the product development journey.
● Strong organisational skills and excellent time management to deliver on a range of current and future projects.
● Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
● Domain expertise in at least some of the following areas is advantageous: solar installations, SAAS products, B2B2C products, energy monitoring and metering.
About Solar Analytics
Solar Analytics’ mission is to empower people to navigate the changing energy landscape.
Founded in Australia in 2013 by a team of passionate, world leading solar experts, Solar Analytics has developed a cloud-based data and analytics platform that analyses local weather, grid data, electricity production and consumption to provide useful insights to save customers money, help system providers manage their fleets and help the wider industry improve energy for all.
With a growing team of over 40 staff and associates, Solar Analytics is Australia’s leading rooftop solar management provider with over 30,000 customers across Australia, NZ and USA.
We are a certified B Corp, which means that have an on-going commitment to being a purpose-driven organisation that creates benefits for all stakeholders, including our staff, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. We meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
Solar Analytics is committed to workplace diversity. Between us we speak over 15 languages and we employ a large number of pioneering and influential women, many of whom are in leadership roles within our company.
We have strong company values: We put people first, we do meaningful work, we collaborate, we have fun, we are dependable and we explore. Join us to see this in action, not just words. Our office is a vibrant and welcoming workplace; children and pets are regular visitors.
Solar Analytics values team members with alternative sources of inspiration. If you wish, please include in your application the life skills you have developed in pursuits you are passionate about outside of work and study.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the fastest growing segment of the renewable energy industry.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. However, we’ll let you in on a secret: there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Solar Analytics is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are suited to this role at Solar Analytics to firstname.lastname@example.org.