We are seeking an experienced front-end developer to join our growing software development team. In this role you will be able to directly impact the company’s growth, as it will be heavily focused on team ideation, collaboration, delivery and support of customer facing features.
This is a dynamic role with wide-ranging tasks in a rapidly changing and growing space. You will work with small, cross functional teams in an agile and highly iterative environment where creativity is the most valued skill. You will work with data scientists, designers and engineers to rapidly develop and implement new product features to create a truly customer centric user experience.
What we offer
The remuneration will be commensurate with your skills and experience. We also offer share options, bonus, 18 weeks full-pay parental leave (primary carer), professional development, career coaching, yoga classes and swimming access.
This is a full time role, however we support flexible working arrangements, including partial work from home and flexible hours.
Due to the current COVID-19 conditions, our staff are mainly working from home. Specific working arrangements for this position will be coordinated by the Dev Team Manager.
This is a great opportunity to build exciting new software that will make a real difference to the fastest growing segment of the renewable energy industry.
You will need to have completed tertiary qualification in software engineering or equivalent and satisfy the following:
- Be inspired, innovative and passionate about your work;
- Demonstrate a high level of web development skills and capabilities;
- Have at least 4+ years experience working in software development
- Working with the UI/UX designer and cross functional development team to deliver features
- Able to work in a flexible and dynamic environment.
- Experience with Project Teams ranging from 4 to 16 members.
The following is the front-end technology stack used by Solar Analytics. Applicants with experience or a strong desire to learn will be considered if addressed in the cover letter.
- Advanced level of proficiency in HTML5 and CSS3/SCSS including also Responsive Web Design and Web Components
- Experience with UI/UX tools set: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator), Sketch, Figma, Zeplin
- Unit (Jasmine or Jest), end-to-end (Cypress) and cross-browser testing
- VCS (Git)
- Understanding NPM and packaging tool like WebPack / Grunt / Gulp
- Atlassian development products or alternative collaboration and issue tracking tools.
Your work responsibilities are going to be as follows:
- Participate actively in sprint activities and contribute to the overall development process.
- Working with the UI/UX designer and cross-functional development team to deliver features.
- Review codes of fellow developers and provide constructive insights.
- Test your own code and be open to reviews and feedback from other team members.
- Develop new features, maintain results of your work, resolve production issues and contribute to the overall team spirit.
- Have fun, bring your dog to the office, enjoy the sun with the rest of our huge solar family.
About Solar Analytics
Solar Analytics’ mission is to empower people to navigate the changing energy landscape.
Founded in Australia in 2013 by a team of passionate, world leading solar experts, Solar Analytics has developed a cloud-based data and analytics platform that analyses local weather, grid data, electricity production and consumption to provide useful insights to save customers money, help system providers manage their fleets and help the wider industry improve energy for all.
With a growing team of over 40 staff and associates, Solar Analytics is Australia’s leading rooftop solar management provider with over 30,000 customers across Australia, NZ and USA.
We are a certified B Corp, which means that have an on-going commitment to being a purpose-driven organisation that creates benefits for all stakeholders, including our staff, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. We meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
Solar Analytics is committed to workplace diversity. Between us we speak over 15 languages and we employ a large number of pioneering and influential women, many of whom are in leadership roles within our company.
We have strong company values: We put people first, we do meaningful work, we collaborate, we have fun, we are dependable and we explore. Join us to see this in action, not just words. Our office is a vibrant and welcoming workplace; children and pets are regular visitors.
Solar Analytics values team members with alternative sources of inspiration. If you wish, please include in your application the life skills you have developed in pursuits you are passionate about outside of work and study.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the fastest growing segment of the renewable energy industry.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. However, we’ll let you in on a secret: there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Solar Analytics is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are suited to this role at Solar Analytics to firstname.lastname@example.org.