Do you really want to help save the world?
While a lot of companies talk about cutting carbon or limiting waste, our company goal is getting solar power on to every homes rooftop and solar energy into the hands of everyone.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in the fastest growing segment of the renewable energy industry, and helping us build out the customer experience as we transition to a fully-integrated Home Energy Management System platform.
We are seeking a senior UI/UX Designer for a dynamic role in a rapidly changing and growing space. You will work with a growing product team in an agile and highly iterative environment where creativity will be your most valued skill. You will work with product managers, developers, scientists, and engineers to design a truly customer centric user experience. Your role would include:
- Owning the UI/UX for customers for all of our products
- Improving existing products by increasing customer engagement, trust, delight and value through the UI/UX experience
- Designing new products that empower new customers with knowledge and insights into how their home and community are using energy, batteries and even electric vehicles.
- Extremely strong collaboration between diverse stakeholders
- Able to work in a flexible and dynamic environment
We are looking for energetic people with a passion for delivering exceptional customer experience and usability driven designs. We will provide the successful candidate a varied and productive role in a growing and dynamic business where you will be contributing real work to real projects. The company environment is professional and collegiate with the motivated buzz of breaking into new market opportunities.
The successful applicant must:
- 8+ years of hands-on UI/UX Design experience
- Have a design portfolio for a range of products, demonstrating your ability to create wireframes, flow charts and final designs
- Understanding and utilisation of UX methodologies including product ideation, pitching, and working with delivery teams
- Experience and skills with graphics and prototyping software including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision or similar programs
- Responsive or mobile device design experience
- Have excellent personal and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Be inspired, innovative and passionate about your work
- Be highly organised and be able to work in a flexible and dynamic environment
Any of the following skills/knowledge would be an advantage:
- Good understanding of HTML/CSS and other current web technologies
- UX research practice, including customer interviews and market research.
- Understanding of Human Centred Design as it contributes to Design Thinking
- Experience with print ready brochures and other marketing documents
- Leading and management of UI/UX designs
What we offer
The salary package will be commensurate with experience and will include an annual bonus plus shares in Solar Analytics.
We offer flexible work arrangements, yoga classes and swimming access, and have an active social committee that celebrates wins and special events.
Solar Analytics is a forward thinking business and our beliefs of building a better world starting with us. We are a B Corp, which means we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
This is nominally a full time role but we support flexible working arrangements.
Solar Analytics values team members with alternative sources of inspiration. We are committed to workplace diversity and currently over one-third of our staff are women, ethnic minorities or work part-time, including in technical and senior management roles. Female applicants will be highly considered and are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are suited to this role at Solar Analytics to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they come in and applications will close once we find a suitable candidate.
About Solar Analytics
Solar Analytics is Australia’s leading solar performance monitoring and fault diagnosis software company. Founded in Australia in 2013 by a team of passionate, world leading solar experts, Solar Analytics has developed a cloud-based data and analytics platform for local energy production and consumption. Unlike standard monitoring, Solar Analytics analyses energy generation, local weather conditions and on-site energy consumption data to provide real-time insights and accurate alerts into PV system performance and energy use. Unique among solar monitoring providers, we maximize the value customers receive from their solar systems.
Our team of 30 staff in Australia now delivers solar monitoring and smart analytics to over 25,000 customers across Australia, NZ and the US.
Solar Analytics is committed to workplace diversity. Currently over one third of our staff are women, ethnic minorities and/or work part time, including in technical and senior management roles.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the fastest growing segment of the renewable energy industry, as we transition to a fully-integrated Solar Home Energy Management System platform.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are suited to this role at Solar Analytics to firstname.lastname@example.org.