Do you really want to help save the world?
While a lot of companies talk about cutting carbon or limiting waste, our company goal is getting solar power on to every homes rooftop and solar energy into the hands of everyone.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in the fastest growing segment of the renewable energy industry, and helping us build out the customer experience as we transition to a fully-integrated Home Energy Management System platform.
We are seeking a senior UI/UX Designer for a dynamic role in a rapidly changing and growing space. You will work with a growing product team in an agile and highly iterative environment where creativity will be your most valued skill. You will work with product managers, developers, scientists, and engineers to design a truly customer centric user experience. Your role would include:
- Owning the UI/UX for customers for all of our products
- Improving existing products by increasing customer engagement, trust, delight and value through the UI/UX experience
- Designing new products that empower new customers with knowledge and insights into how their home and community are using energy, batteries and even electric vehicles.
- Extremely strong collaboration between diverse stakeholders
- Able to work in a flexible and dynamic environment
We are looking for energetic people with a passion for delivering exceptional customer experience and usability driven designs. We will provide the successful candidate a varied and productive role in a growing and dynamic business where you will be contributing real work to real projects. The company environment is professional and collegiate with the motivated buzz of breaking into new market opportunities.
The successful applicant must:
- 8+ years of hands-on UI/UX Design experience
- Have a design portfolio for a range of products, demonstrating your ability to create wireframes, flow charts and final designs
- Understanding and utilisation of UX methodologies including product ideation, pitching, and working with delivery teams
- Experience and skills with graphics and prototyping software including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision or similar programs
- Responsive or mobile device design experience
- Have excellent personal and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Be inspired, innovative and passionate about your work
- Be highly organised and be able to work in a flexible and dynamic environment
Any of the following skills/knowledge would be an advantage:
- Good understanding of HTML/CSS and other current web technologies
- UX research practice, including customer interviews and market research.
- Understanding of Human Centred Design as it contributes to Design Thinking
- Experience with print ready brochures and other marketing documents
- Leading and management of UI/UX designs
What we offer
The salary package will be commensurate with experience and will include an annual bonus plus shares in Solar Analytics.
We offer flexible work arrangements, yoga classes and swimming access, and have an active social committee that celebrates wins and special events.
Solar Analytics is a forward thinking business and our beliefs of building a better world starting with us. We are a B Corp, which means we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
This is nominally a full time role but we support flexible working arrangements.
Solar Analytics values team members with alternative sources of inspiration. We are committed to workplace diversity and currently over one-third of our staff are women, ethnic minorities or work part-time, including in technical and senior management roles. Female applicants will be highly considered and are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are suited to this role at Solar Analytics to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they come in and applications will close once we find a suitable candidate.
About Solar Analytics
Solar Analytics’ mission is to empower people to navigate the changing energy landscape.
Founded in Australia in 2013 by a team of passionate, world leading solar experts, Solar Analytics has developed a cloud-based data and analytics platform that analyses local weather, grid data, electricity production and consumption to provide useful insights to save customers money, help system providers manage their fleets and help the wider industry improve energy for all.
With a growing team of over 40 staff and associates, Solar Analytics is Australia’s leading rooftop solar management provider with over 30,000 customers across Australia, NZ and USA.
We are a certified B Corp, which means that have an on-going commitment to being a purpose-driven organisation that creates benefits for all stakeholders, including our staff, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. We meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
Solar Analytics is committed to workplace diversity. Between us we speak over 15 languages and we employ a large number of pioneering and influential women, many of whom are in leadership roles within our company.
We have strong company values: We put people first, we do meaningful work, we collaborate, we have fun, we are dependable and we explore. Join us to see this in action, not just words. Our office is a vibrant and welcoming workplace; children and pets are regular visitors.
Solar Analytics values team members with alternative sources of inspiration. If you wish, please include in your application the life skills you have developed in pursuits you are passionate about outside of work and study.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the fastest growing segment of the renewable energy industry.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. However, we’ll let you in on a secret: there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Solar Analytics is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are suited to this role at Solar Analytics to firstname.lastname@example.org.