Solar Analytics monitors and manages Australia’s largest fleet of distributed rooftop solar sites and is a leading player driving the clean energy transition. We are expanding our capabilities to offer our customers a full suite of HEMS and VPP solutions. We are looking for a senior engineer to lead the technical design and implementation of the next generation of DER customer-centric solutions. This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of Australia’s most successful high growth energy start-ups as we lead the transition to a renewable, distributed energy system.
In this role, you will:
- Own the technical design and implementation of our smart energy control solution (HEMS and VPP)
- Be technical lead for our two government-funded HEMS/VPP projects
- Work with and guide our team of three post doc researchers working on smart energy control
- Work with our product team to integrate customer behaviour and preferences to guide the technical design and customer outcomes
- Work with our software development and data science team to specify, develop and deliver the algorithms and software required to deliver the customer solutions
- Report to the Head of Research
You will need a tertiary qualification in engineering, science or equivalent and:
- Be inspired, innovative and passionate about your work
- Have at least three years’ experience in the technical design and operation of VPP/HEMS
- Demonstrate strengths in technical design, collaboration, user-centric thinking, data-based decision making
- Be capable of gaining an in-depth understanding of the Solar Analytics business model and industry context to help craft technical solutions
- Enjoy working in a flexible and dynamic environment
What we offer
The remuneration will be commensurate with your skills and experience. We also offer share options, bonus, 18 weeks full-pay parental leave (primary carer), professional development, career coaching, yoga classes and swimming access.
This is nominally a full time role, however we support flexible working arrangements, including partial work from home and flexible hours and would consider at least 3 days per week part-time.
About Solar Analytics
Solar Analytics’ mission is to empower people to navigate the changing energy landscape.
Founded in Australia in 2013 by a team of passionate, world leading solar experts, Solar Analytics has developed a cloud-based data and analytics platform that analyses local weather, grid data, electricity production and consumption to provide useful insights to save customers money, help system providers manage their fleets and help the wider industry improve energy for all.
With a growing team of over 40 staff and associates, Solar Analytics is Australia’s leading rooftop solar management provider with over 30,000 customers across Australia, NZ and USA.
We are a certified B Corp, which means that have an on-going commitment to being a purpose-driven organisation that creates benefits for all stakeholders, including our staff, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. We meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
Solar Analytics is committed to workplace diversity. Between us we speak over 15 languages and we employ a large number of pioneering and influential women, many of whom are in leadership roles within our company.
We have strong company values: We put people first, we do meaningful work, we collaborate, we have fun, we are dependable and we explore. Join us to see this in action, not just words. Our office is a vibrant and welcoming workplace; children and pets are regular visitors.
Solar Analytics values team members with alternative sources of inspiration. If you wish, please include in your application the life skills you have developed in pursuits you are passionate about outside of work and study.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to the fastest growing segment of the renewable energy industry.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. However, we’ll let you in on a secret: there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Solar Analytics is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are suited to this role at Solar Analytics to email@example.com.